Code of Conduct
The purpose of WORM is to bring women from all levels in STEM together to enrich their research and career experiences through personalized mentoring and to foster learning, community, and diversity. To this end, it is essential to respect other users and their personal information. You as the user are solely responsible for any materials that you post and the WORM website and database administrators cannot be held accountable for material posted by its users. This code of conduct may be modified at any time and we encourage you to check it regularly.
By using this website and database you agree to:
- Use the website and database for the sole purpose of mentoring connections.
- Adhere to the UC San Diego Principles of Community: https://ucsd.edu/explore/about/principles.html
- Keep personal information confidential and to not share your database access with a third party.
- Not post any unethical, discriminating, sexually or religiously offensive or abusive materials. Please be respectful to other members, even if you disagree with them.
- Not post any unsuitable or irrelevant website addresses or URLs. Links to inappropriate websites may be deleted by the administrators without warning.
- Respect a mentor's decision about whether or not to create a mentoring relationship.
- Report any misconduct you observe to the administrators.
Breach of the code of conduct
It will be the sole decision of the administrators as to whether there has been a breach of this code of conduct. We have the right to edit or remove any user profile that we deem to be in breach of the code of conduct. Depending on the circumstances, we may first issue a warning and allow the user to address any concerns or misconduct. If the warning has no effect, we reserve the right to immediate withdrawal (temporary or permanent) of the user’s access rights to WORM including deletion of the user’s profile.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for WORM in STEM and our website; http://stemmentor.ucsd.edu/. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website, except where stated otherwise. It will notify you of the following:
What information we collect;
With whom it is shared;
How it can be corrected;
How it is secured;
How policy changes will be communicated; and
How to address concerns over misuse of personal data.
Information collected will only be accessible by UCSD. UCSD only has access to information that you voluntarily provide. This included number and time of log-ins and mentorship requests.Information collected may be used to determine success of this program or to provide users (you) information regarding this program. Email will also be provided to you mentor/mentee to facilitate communication. No information will be sold or provided to parties outside UCSD.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may request access of any information at any time. You can do this by contacting the organizers with the provided email on our website. You have the right to:
See what data we have about you
Change/correct any data we have about you
Have us delete any data we have about you
Express any concern you have about our use of your data